Hasgoe: Fire Damage Restoration in Evansville and Newburgh
What You Can Do on Your Own if you need fire damage restoration in Evansville and Newburgh
Contact Hasgoe for any fire damage restoration in Evansville and Newburgh then follow these steps:
• Open all the windows.
This will get air moving to push the smoke out of the rooms.
• Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment.
Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Start with a neighbor you trust for immediate aid then move them to a temporary home with friends or family until the fire restoration is complete.
• Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power.
Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
• Inventory the contents of your home.
Make a list of all items that need replacing. Take pictures of the damage, too. You will need copies for the insurance company, for your own personal records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities. Make up to five copies to have on hand just in case.
What You Should Leave to the Professionals at Hasgoe
There are tasks you don’t want to attempt on your own due to the toxic gases or risk of smoldering ash. Fire restoration services like Hasgoe have the proper safety equipment to get the work done without the risks.
• Don’t wipe down the walls, wood trim and furniture or any other absorbent surface.
• Don’t sit on or move upholstered furniture.
• Don’t consume any food product, including canned items, that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
• Don’t turn on home systems like the furnace or air conditioner.
• Stay away from electrical devices like appliances, stereos or TVs, until the fire restoration service deems them safe.
Contact us today:
901 Keck Avenue
Evansville, IN 47711